TRAILSKINZ MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAGNETIC VEHICLE SKINZ
* The magnetic sheet and metal surface should be clean and dry when applying to vehicle. During rainy weather, moisture will become trapped between the magnet and metal surface. To prevent any sticking, be sure to remove and dry both surfaces thoroughly.
* Some moisture and dirt will collect between the magnet and metal surface. Remove and clean both the magnet and vehicle with mild detergent and allow both to dry. For vehicle signs repeat the cleaning process weekly.
* To prevent damage to the new clear coat/base and vinyl surfaces present on new cars and trucks, we recommend daily removal of magnetic skinz. * If you apply the skin and it isn't exactly where you would like it, you must remove the entire skin and re-apply so that you do not scratch the surface or deform the material by trying to slide it into position.
* Weather conditions and atmospheric conditions may also cause adverse affects when magnetic skinz are exposed for long periods of time. We strongly recommend daily removal to guard against such happenings.
* Applying the skinz in cold temperatures may result in damage to the sheet magnet. Skinz that encounter freezing temperatures have been known to come off. Use of the skinz in sub zero temperatures is not recommended.
* Applying any material to a painted surface without following all instructions for the use and care may result in damage to that surface. Failure to follow these instructions and tips may cause damage to the magnetic material and/or surface to which applied. Trailskinz and the manufacturer will not be held liable for any damage caused by abuse, misuse, or failure to follow the enclosed tips and instructions.
USE, CARE AND CLEANING OF YOUR FLEXIBLE MAGNETIC MATERIAL
STORING FLEXIBLE MAGNET
-When not using flexible magnetic sheet, keep it in a clean, dry place. .
-Store rolled stock on end to keep it from developing flat spots.
-Store rolled sign material on end with the printed or vinyl side out.
-Stack flat magnet on a level surface. Avoid placing objects (such as cartons) on top that could damage the face; do not stack with magnetic side facing each other.
PREPARING MAGNETIC-RECEPTIVE SURFACES
-Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats, and waxes are cured (hardened)
-Clean the metallic surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
-Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry
-Approximate curing times: paint - 90 days; clear coat - 60 days; wax - 2 days.
APPLYING FLEXIBLE MAGNET
-Before applying, test all inks and paints used on the magnet for adhesion and solvent compatibility.
-If possible, affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metallic surfaces.
-Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface (i.e., no air pockets).
-If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix. Do no pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
-Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods) or temperatures exceeding 150 F (66 C).
-Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
-Avoid use on non-metallic body filters, simulated wood grain siding and repainted surfaces.
CLEANING FLEXIBLE MAGNET
-To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at the regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and the metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean DAILY!)
-To protect fresh clear coat, base coat and/or vinyl surfaces on new cars and trucks, remove magnetic signs DAILY.
Proper Use and Care Will extend the Life of Your Magnetic Products and Protect the Metallic Surface to which it is Applied.
*Failure to Follow Instructions may Result in Damage to Paint Surfaces and Other Surfaces*
© 2013 TrailSkinz | Skin it - Trail it - Protect it. All Rights Reserved.